Northern Virginia Criminal Law Firm
Fairfax Criminal Lawyer: Types of Cases
Our Fairfax criminal law firm primarily serves those charged with criminal and traffic violations in Fairfax County and the surrounding jurisdictions, including Prince William County, Loudoun County, and Arlington County courts. Less frequently, we represent clients in other areas.
On this page, we have provided a list of some of the most common types of criminal and traffic cases we handle. Click or tap (if on a mobile device) the charge to read more.
Drop us a line to find out if we can help you with your charge, whether or not it is listed on this page. We handle all criminal and traffic violations, from speeding tickets to serious felony offenses.
Virginia and Fairfax County Criminal Defense Practice Areas
At Vincenzes Law, we have 1 area of practice. Criminal Law.
We are not a general practice law firm, and do not take civil cases (aside from expungement and restoration of privileges matters). The majority of law firms offering criminal and/or traffic representation are not able to say they are completely dedicated to criminal or traffic defense. We can.
- Moving violations and infractions
- Reckless driving (is a criminal offense)
- DUI / DWI representation
- First time or subsequent offense
- "More Serious" drug-related charges
- Larceny representation
- Shoplifting representation
- Take a fraud allegation or charge seriously
- Juvenile traffic and criminal defense
- Ask Us: Does your previous conviction qualify for expungement?
Examples of Cases Our Fairfax Criminal Law Firm Handles Most Frequently
- Reckless Driving
- Domestic Assault
- Possession of Marijuana
- Public Intoxication
- DWI / DUI
- Driving on Suspended & Revoked
The following are more examples of charges we handle:
- Aggressive Driving
- Altered Tags of Merchandise
- Child Abuse
- Child Neglect
- Computer Fraud
- Computer Trespass
- Concealed Illegal Weapon
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor
- Disorderly Conduct
- Distribution of Controlled Substances
- Driving on Suspended License
- Driving while Revoked (DUI Related)
- Driving without a License (NO OL)
- Drunk in Public
- DUI / DWI: Driving While Intoxicated
- Eluding (fleeing, etc.)
- Failure to Obey a Highway Sign
- Fraudulent use of ID (Presenting to law enforcement)
- Grand Larceny
- Identity Fraud
- Juvenile Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Traffic Tickets
- Manufacturing Controlled Substances
- Money Laundering
- Open Container
- Operating Gambling Enterprise
- Petit Larceny
- Possession of Cocaine, Heroin, LSD, etc.
- Possession of Marijuana (subsequent Offense)
- Possession of Marijuana 1st Offense
- Property Destruction
- Public Intoxication / Profane Swearing
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Reckless Driving by Speed
- Reckless Driving: Failure to Maintain Control
- Trespassing – Signs
- Trespassing after Notice
- Trespassing in Park After Dark
- Underage Alcohol Possession
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Violations of Animal Related Offenses and Pet Violations
When you are arrested, a permanent criminal record is created. When your case is resolved, another permanent record is made. When you are found not guilty, or when the charge is dropped, you can petition the court to expunge (seal) the record from public view. But when you are found guilty or when you accept a first-offender’s case dismissal option (among others), expungement is no longer a feasible possibility.
Where does our Virginia criminal lawyer and local Fairfax defense attorney serve?
Answer: The Northern Virginia Community
Our local Fairfax criminal lawyer and legal team serves most of Northern Virginia, not solely in Fairfax County. Although most of our clients face the criminal justice system in Fairfax County, others face the judicial systems in areas such as the City of Alexandria, Arlington County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Leesburg, Spotsylvania, and Manassas (among others).
If you are charged with a traffic infraction or criminal charge, no matter if it is a misdemeanor or felony offense, and regardless of age or income level, do not be worried that you may waste our time. Always feel free to send us a message or call us toll free: +1 888-695-6565 or local at 703.665.3719.
Even if you must call us after regular business hours due to an urgent concern, someone from our team will kindly answer your call personally whenever possible. We are here to help.
A Philosophy of Community Service:
High Standard of Practice by Our Local Fairfax Criminal Lawyer and Virginia Defense Attorneys
We strongly believe it is vital for any person faced with one of the following situations to speak to a proficient Virginia or local Fairfax criminal defense attorney as soon as possible:
- An allegation or accusation
- A government or law enforcement-directed investigation
- A pending criminal charge or moving-traffic violation
- A harmful and public criminal record
- accusations can lead to charges, and instead of worrying, you deserve a professional to guide you
- any person subjected to an investigation could make a situation worse by not knowing how to handle law enforcement inquiries
- violations of the law can be costly, result in confinement, and may jeopardize relationships
- an adult’s criminal arrest history is a public record, but sometimes, it is possible to expunge the record to seal it from public view
…but most importantly, good people make poor choices and often deserve a second chance. And as most of us are fully aware, the criminal justice system in the United States of America is far from perfect…
An experienced, well-respected, and Virginia-serving Fairfax criminal defense attorney with the utmost professional integrity is critical to ascertain just what lies ahead. It is important to realize that there are many subtleties to criminal law. For example, each case is unique, and may require professional analysis of any or all of the following sources of authority:
- The Code of Virginia;
- local ordinances;
- Virginia precedent and case law;
- local court rules;
- interpretations of ambiguous legal areas by the legislature and Attorney General;
- the Virginia Constitution; and,
- the United States Constitution, among others.
There are many aspects your local Virginia or Fairfax Criminal Lawyer can and will explain related to you or your loved-one’s case, and these important points include knowledge and guidance only a professional criminal defense attorney who practices in Virginia can provide the answers to these questions and many more:
- what is the maximum sentence you or a loved-one may face?
- if convicted, does the charge require a mandatory minimum sentence of active jail time?
- how does the court in your jurisdiction typically handle the charged offense?
- what are the long-term consequences involved, aside from just the legal penalties?
- is there a specific course of action to show the judge and Commonwealth attorney you do not deserve a harsh sentence if convicted?
- would it be beneficial to participate in one of the many diversion programs in Virginia?
- what are the various potential probation issues?
- are any plea bargains typically offered by prosecutors in similar cases?
- what is the best defense when it comes to you or your loved-one’s unique facts?
Our Virginia and Local Fairfax Criminal Attorney Goes the Extra Mile
We believe criminal justice is a passion to be nurtured, and that a true legal professional who practices criminal defense should extend his or her service beyond the courtroom and into the community. At Vincenzes Law, our legal team and local Fairfax criminal lawyer takes pride in:
- educating and mentoring troubled youths;
- providing the public with informative local criminal law studies and publications;
- community activism; and,
- harboring a servant’s mindset through dedicated non-profit volunteerism.
We represent people from all walks of life, of all colors, origins, and belief systems. We believe serve our community by volunteering. We serve people from all walks of life, because we know that in the United States, the criminal justice system ought to be colorblind and status-irrelevant.
Second, we do not judge anyone. At Vincenzes Law, PLLC, our Fairfax Criminal Lawyer makes sure this is clear from the outset of every matter. We are confidants, trusted mentors, and we only seek to help…never to judge. When people meet with our firm, we tell them not to ever feel embarrassed: we strive to foster a compassionate environment at all times.
Subpoenaed and/or Under Investigation
In addition to representation in the Northern Virginia Courts, we also offer diligent and zealous representation to those who have been subpoenaed to appear for any reason, including appearances before a grand jury. We know how intimidating these circumstances can potentially be, and when necessary, we offer appropriate direction and advice to those who are the subject of law enforcement or other governmental entity-directed investigations.
Virginia Expungement of a Public Criminal Record
In Virginia, a criminal charge that is later dismissed or dropped (nolle prossed / nolle prosequi) will show up when employers search for that person’s adult criminal record! We often are asked by our clients and non-clients how they might be able to expunge a criminal record. We believe in justice and fairness, and if we can expunge your criminal record, we will be happy to do so with maximum speed and efficiency, and at a fair and reasonable price. Almost always, expungement of a public criminal charge is a very wise decision. If your case has been resolved, do not delay.
Remember these points about an adult’s public criminal record in Virginia:
- it is publicly accessible forever;
- it includes mere arrests and all criminal charges (even if found not guilty);
- it even includes charges the Commonwealth has decided to not pursue (or, drop); and,
- if you qualify for expungement, the process is fairly quick and affordable.
It is unfortunate that a mere criminal charge can have a serious long-term negative impact, especially upon job-related and educational endeavors. Our Virginia Criminal Defense Firm and Fairfax criminal lawyer understand the burdens and stigmas sometimes associated with a criminal record. You do not need to worry about the cost of expungement before you talk to our legal team. We will explain whether or not your record can be expunged, and why or why not. Furthermore, we will quote you directly what we would charge, depending upon the number of charges to be expunged and the complexity of the case.
We are familiar and knowledgeable about the various resources, programs, and options available in Virginia intended to meet the differing needs of juvenile clients and loved-ones. We believe in providing juvenile clients and family members with thoughtful and caring advice to help:
- avoid future criminal charges;
- live a healthy lifestyle;
- take education seriously; and ultimately,
- obtain the hope that comes with a bright future.
Speak to a Virginia criminal defense attorney, or if in Northern Virginia, your Fairfax Criminal Lawyer at Vincenzes Law, PLLC. We are located in Northern Virginia, very close to the Fairfax County General District Court, at:
Our main web address is www.VincenzesLaw.com, but you can easily remember our address if you need to tell a friend or family member…because you may access our site via either one of these alternate URLs:
Latest posts by Brent Vincenzes (see all)
- New Marijuana Policy and Laws for Virginia 2017 - February 13, 2017
- How should a Fairfax reckless driving lawyer object to police radar reliability? - June 13, 2016
- Poking Holes: Virginia DUI Test Problems - October 24, 2015
- How to beat a speeding ticket by attacking visual estimate of speed - August 9, 2015