St. Patrick’s Day DWI Checkpoints in Fairfax and Arlington, Northern Virginia
This Saint Patrick’s Day, the police will be patrolling Northern Virginia in suitable numbers to match the influx in expected drunk drivers on the roadways. One of the more controversial ways the local police in Northern Virginia catch drivers is through the use of sobriety checkpoints. Legal analysis of the constitutionality of such checkpoints is for another post. This post lays out locations where the police have setup checkpoints in recent days, weeks, and months.
Where are the checkpoints?
DUI / DWI checkpoint locations are generally undisclosed for obvious reasons. Social media — especially Twitter — tends to be the way many people get the most updated information.
DWI Checkpoints in Arlington (in the past)
Here are several known locations used in the recent past (as the saying goes, “the best predictor of the future is the past.”
This source lists locations in Arlington where checkpoints have been implemented recently. We see locations like:
- Fairfax Dr
- Stuart St
- Sycamore St
- Washington And Quincy
- Columbia Pike
- Glebe Road
DWI Checkpoints in Fairfax County (in the past)
According to the Fairfax County Police,
“Each week, hundreds of motorists pass through checkpoints and many are screened for alcohol use.”
This source lists previous DWI checkpoint locations in Fairfax County. Locations such as Centreville, Chantilly, and Fairfax appear often.
- Fairfax – Fair Oaks Area
- Vienna – Cornerside Boulevard and Tyco Rd
- Annandale – Little River Turnpike
- Herndon – Fairfax County Pkwy ( West Ox and Fox Mill)
- Mc Lean – Va-695
- Chantilly – Us-50 and Stonecroft Blvd
- Annandale – Little River Blvd and Heritage Dr
- Fairfax – West Ox Rd
- Herndon – Fox Mill Rd and Reston Parkway
How to Get Home Safe
There are many taxi – type services with reasonable fares. A quick search for coupon codes on Google can yield big savings, leaving no excuse to drive intoxicated.
Image courtesy of Iamnee at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Latest posts by Brent Vincenzes (see all)
- New Marijuana Policy and Laws for Virginia 2017 - February 13, 2017
- How should a Fairfax reckless driving lawyer object to police radar reliability? - June 13, 2016
- Poking Holes: Virginia DUI Test Problems - October 24, 2015
- How to beat a speeding ticket by attacking visual estimate of speed - August 9, 2015